Thank you for your interest in volunteering!
Canadian Mental Health Association is a volunteer-driven organization that depends on volunteers like you to help us to develop our vision and provide services.
Studies show that regular volunteer activity can have a positive effect on mental and physical health. Volunteering with CMHA provides the opportunity to build skills, learn more about mental health and meet new people, while helping build a more caring community. Because of the benefits of volunteering, we especially encourage those personally affected by mental illness to volunteer.
We can use help in many different areas of interest and skill:
- participation on our board and advisory committees
- community displays and presentations
- Ride Don’t Hide fundraising event ~ Help us Bringing MENTAL HEALTH into the OPEN
- mental health information referral
- writing for Visions journal
- community event planning
- resource development/fundraising
Please contact our office at 250-374-0440 ext. 206 to find out more about our current volunteer postings. Subscribe to Mind Matters, our free monthly newsletter, to stay in touch.